Vald has been focused on developing stable operations since its release in 2019. Nowadays, the Vald project has reached a turning point. We will be focusing our efforts on improving various features and usability improvements.
In advance, we would like to share a roadmap of the various plans we will work on this summer.
We are planning to provide the following new features in Vald to deliver extra user value.
- Mirroring request for 2 or more Vald Cluster for multi-region/multi-AZ environment
Change tracing tool to Open Telemetry
New Vald Agent Core algorithms
New NGT Distance Types
- A feature that intercepts unnecessary high-frequency backoff packets at a very early stage.
We will share the detail of each feature in the release document as needed.
Document & Others
Additional documentation and helper tools will be added as needed.
- Mainly, we’re focusing on adding/updating configuration documents to be easy to use for many situations, e.g.: backup, filtering, and monitoring.
Continous Benchmark tool
- This tool is designed to perform continuous load testing for the Vald Cluster.
- It enables the users can test the ANN under high-load cluster conditions and execute testing that meets the user’s requirements.
A new demo project using fastText
We will also share as same and update these ones by one.
Until there is a significant change (helm chart changes a lot), we will continue to release in the 1.5 series. The addition of a new core algorithm is not included here.
We will release v1.6 by the end of September 2022. It will include adding new core algorithms and the request mirroring functions.
If you have any questions or any requests, please feel free to contact us!
We’re waiting for your contributions!
Vald | Contributing Guide
Vald is an open source project. We appreciate your help! We use Github Issues to track issues within this repository…
See you next post :)
Vald. A highly scalable distributed fast approximate nearest neighbour dense vector search engine.
A New World created by similar search: Cases where Vald can be used.